We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

Hi all, I'm planning a tentative 5D4N(might be longer) trip to Sydney in Sept and being a nature lover, Blue Mountains is definitely going to be in my list of must go places!

I have been following the forums a fair bit too and many are saying a day or 2 would be good to experience BM.

However, I would like to just do some hiking, visit echo point, see the waterfalls and the 3 sisters(pretty much soak in the breathtaking scenery). And of course, take lots of awesome photos!

Would a day trip to BM without staying for the night suffice? Thanks in advance!

Best Seller
Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
761 reviews
from US$168.50*
Best Seller
Sydney BridgeClimb
1,110 reviews
from US$132.70*
Best Seller
All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
254 reviews
from US$162.80*
Best Seller
Blue Mountains Wildlife Day Tour from...
1,073 reviews
from US$126.10*
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

HI Darran,

IMHO yes. If you just want to do a hike and visit echo point and check out some of the waterfalls one day is enough time. A second day would give you extra time to visit Jenolan Caves, or some of the other attractions in the mountains eg Galleries or shops, museums and so on.

Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

Thanks for the reply Snodge!

I was thinking of doing Jenolan Caves in the morning and some bush walking. echo point, 3 sisters, waterfalls ... etc in the afternoon. Would that be too much of a stretch or should I seriously consider staying for a night?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,584 posts
1,604 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

Jenolan Caves IMO will need an extra day. However; your itinerary to " visit echo point, see the waterfalls and the 3 sisters" is perfect for a day trip from Sydney.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

I have done a day trip to Jenolan where we toured one cave, did a walk at Kanangra Walls and stopped by Govett's leap for sunset in July I agree with EM if you really want to soak it up at Echo point and the waterfalls an extra day is best, but you can certainly get a taste of the caves, the scenery and a waterfall in one day. You would need to be very organised and know what you're doing when if you want to see the best caves and not just take what's going when you're there. I would be aiming for something like the Temple of Baal cave or another in that price class if you can. bear in mind that the road in to Jenolan closes across the middle hours of the day.. or so the signage there says. I've not been caught by it personally.

Saigon, Vietnam
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

I just made my day trip to Blue Mountains this morning, and I wish I planned more time for this, as one day is not enough. Walking all these beautiful walks, visit all the waterfalls, plus the Echo Point and Three Sisters... extra day needed.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

If you want to do some hiking, I recommend the National Pass trail from Wentworth Falls (http://www.nationalpass.com.au/), or the Grand Canyon trail in Blackheath. These are 2 of my favourites in the Blue Mountains, but would take a few hours to complete. So if you intend to walk either of these trails, I'd recommend you stay at least a night. But it will be worth it. It can be cold up in the mountains even in September, especially if you're coming from Singapore, so don't forget to bring a jacket.

7. Re: Day trip to Blue Mountains enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:43