We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney International Airport to CBD Bus to Train

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney International Airport to CBD Bus to Train

I am looking at two of the options to get from the International Terminal to City Center- Hilton Hotel. We are a family of 4, two adult and two adult children, one roller suitcase per person.We would like to get the bus 400 to train station, then take train to the Town Hall exit which I believe is the closest to the Hilton. The other option is to walk to WolliCreek Station and catch the train from there. We would like to avoid the costly airport fee.

We are arriving 6:30 AM June 12. Which would be the easiest mode of transport? We don't mind walking but we will have been on a plane for twenty hours and may be in a bit of a fog at that hour. A few questions: If we take the 400 bus what train stop do we get off to get the train into the city? The train costs $3.60 and how much is the bus?

If we decide to walk to WolliCreek, which direction would we go from the terminal? Is there a path? Once we arrive at Wolli Creek by foot it looks like we take the green line to Town Hall, correct?

For return on June 17 I just read on this forum the trains will not be operating. What is the best route by bus for us to take on Sunday morning at 6:30 AM to return to the International Terminal?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Sydney International Airport to CBD Bus to Train

^^ I must be thinking about another line then.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,834 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Sydney International Airport to CBD Bus to Train

cross the platform is coming in from Illawarra and onto CQ

Shepparton, vic...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Sydney International Airport to CBD Bus to Train

Train from airport to Town Hall adult $15.40, takes about 15-20 minutes.

For return trip you could google "easy shuttle" Sydney, hotel to airport transfers, I looked online and it says about $75 for 4 people one way.

24. Re: Sydney International Airport to CBD Bus to Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:42