We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4nights in Sydney

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Broome, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4nights in Sydney

Hello, me and my partner are heading to Sydney in September for four nights and are unsure ad to what hotel/area is best to stay in.we want to do all the normal Sydney things such as opera house etc. but we want to stay somewhere that we can walk out of the hotel and get lunch/dinner etc. we have a budget of about $250 a night.we looked at the darling at star city, can anyone recommend this hotel for what we ae looking for? Thanks for you help in advance!!

burlingame
Level Contributor
98 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4nights in Sydney

Try the Park Regis or the Travelodge. Both have fair rates and are close to all the sites, restaurants and transportation. The Ibis in Darling Harbor is also reasonable but a bit on the scuzzy side.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,948 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4nights in Sydney

Hi,

You would be best to stay around The Rocks area

See wotif to see what hotel suits your budget. ie Old Sydney Holiday Inn / Sir Stamford / Marriott Sydney Harbour

www.wotif.com/search/Advanced?region=1421

or the CBD ie. The Westin / The Grace Hotel

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W13152&

For Darling Harbour - the Novotel

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4nights in Sydney

I personally wouldn't be looking at the recommendations Sue provided (not because they're not good, but, if you're looking at The Darling as one option, then, those recommended are on a different level in comparison).

I agree with Ellemay though ... Perhaps, look at the Rocks area or more in the city centre, so, you can get around easily. However, you can read the reviews of The Darling here: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g255060-d233…

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in Sydney! :)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4nights in Sydney

Hey Danielle, the city is super small and easy to get around, I second the rocks for the area, try booking flight and hotel together on expedia, I went in August and this saved me over $700.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4nights in Sydney

If the Rocks accom is to dear the Central end can be cheaper and only 3 train stops to Circular Quay(Opera House,ferry Zoo)I also find more variety of food at the Central end.Surry Hills is the next suburb and that can be cheaper again.

Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4nights in Sydney

Just booked the 5star wotif mystery hotel for Sydney CBD and got Amora Jamison at $155 per night which is positioned between Rocks and Darling Harbour.

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
753 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4nights in Sydney

hi Danielle

We recently spent 4 nights in Sydney and stayed at the Mercure Potts Point.

We stayed there as we could get a high room with direct room views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House at a reasonable cost. Also train station just across road from hotel. The local trains are a great and cheap way to get around - we used then every day. Our itinery worked out as -

Day 1 - train to Central Quay. Walked along wharf to Harbour Bridge - then along wharf to Opera House. Walked back to hotel via Botanical Gardens.

Day 2 - Train to Blue Mountains (Kootamba) AUS$11 return - fab value. Then in evening train to Darling Harbour for free firework display (saturday).

Day 3 - Ferry to Manley Beach from Central Quay. Early evening - train to Bonsi Beach.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Edited: 03 June 2012, 14:21
Broome, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4nights in Sydney

thankyou guys for all your feedback! really appreciated! :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4nights in Sydney

I agree, try wotif.com to compare rates across the hotels.

Everything in Sydney is pretty compact. You can easily get to the touristy type activities and have access to bars and restaurants if you stay in the rocks area or the CBD. I've stayed at the Hilton (Sydney) before and that was nice but the rooms were slightly small. The customer service and everything else was great though!

10. Re: 4nights in Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:42