We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Sydney airport to CBD

Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Best way from Sydney airport to CBD

Hi I've seen the post on the various ways on how to get from the airport to the city but i would be arriving Sydney at 6pm which i'm guessing is the peak hour and i'm carrying a huge luggage along. If i were to take the taxi during the peak period i'm afraid it would be really pricey (assuming the traffic conditions during peak periods) and if i take the train it would be very inconvenient with the huge luggage and other bags i would be carrying along. Any other suggestions ?

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,132 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Sydney airport to CBD

No, but 6pm into the city is better than out!

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Sydney airport to CBD

You could get a limo service. It may be more expensive than the cheapest cab fare but at least it's a fixed price.

If you arrive in Sydney from Singapore, by the time you get your luggage and complete immi and customs formalities, it could be closer to 7 by the time you get out to the cab rank. You will also be traveling against the worst of the traffic which will be leaving the city so a cab ride won't be that catastrophic.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
A J
Subiaco, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Margaret River
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Sydney airport to CBD

A taxi from the airport (albeit: domestic) to CBD on a Monday at 5.30pm recently cost me $35. Traffic was mostly travelling in the opposite direction.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney Hotel CBD
Sydney Hotel CBD
253 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from Sydney airport to CBD

okay. I guess i'll be going with the taxi then. Thanks everyone !

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,132 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from Sydney airport to CBD

That would be my choice with luggage...

if not then the train

6. Re: Best way from Sydney airport to CBD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:17