We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anything to pay at customs

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
amritsar
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
anything to pay at customs

hi

landing in sydney in mid august 2012 with my two & half year kid.

Can i bring his milk powder along with me & do i have to declare about the stuff & is there any thing i have to pay at the customs

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,706 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anything to pay at customs

You must declare ALL food and other items listed on the Customs & Quarantine card you complete before arrival.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,041 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anything to pay at customs

You won't have to pay anything but prohibited items will be confiscated.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anything to pay at customs

You may have to pay a fine if you don't declare the food item on your Incoming Passenger Card!

Familiarise yourself with some of the requirements here:

http://daff.gov.au/aqis/travel/

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: anything to pay at customs

Don't even think about hiding anything because if you do, you can expect to begin your holiday with a warning, fine or worse ...

As mentioned above, declare everything that is listed on the card, even if you have items that you think are fine to pass through Customs.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in Sydney! :)

amritsar
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anything to pay at customs

Hey

Thanks guys i appreciate your guidance.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anything to pay at customs

hmmm ....i think that you might not be able to bring in the milk powder. no dairy is allowed to be brought in.

anyway, declare it on your customs card. if it is not allowed, it'll be confiscated and you will not be fined.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,041 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anything to pay at customs

If you can't bring it in I wouldn't worry too much - supermarkets and pharmacies here have shelves full of baby formulas and milk powders - I'm sure you'll find the same or similar to what your child is used to.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anything to pay at customs

Hi

I travelled to Perth some years back, during the Foot and Mouth outbreak and I was allowed to bring my babies milk powder into Australia. I declared it and was told as it was a sealed tin it was fine.

Hope this helps

9. Re: anything to pay at customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:40