We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is hyde park inn good for long term stay?

colombo
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is hyde park inn good for long term stay?

I'm still a bit apprehensive about hyde park inn. Most of the recent reviews have been very positive (I'm guessing due to the improvement from its recent renovations) but could someone tell me more about the hotel just to kind of make me less apprehensive i guess (i'll be staying there for 3 weeks - chose it for its location)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,165 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is hyde park inn good for long term stay?

The Hyde Park Inn has a great reputation. Country cousins of ours have stayed there regularly over the years. It's been a couple of years since I've seen one of the rooms, but at the time it was spacious, clean & in good condition. It's quite close to a fire station, so ear plugs might be a good idea if sirens disturb you.

What exactly is disturbing you about the HPI?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,639 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is hyde park inn good for long term stay?

It's in a great location, and friends who had a son in a nearby hospital stayed there for a month last year.

Unless you have a super discounted deal based on a long term stay- stay for a night or two and if you don't like it, move. How hard can it be? Again I haven't read all your posts, but unless you're here at New Year, Mardi Gra or other premium occupancy period, there are plenty of self catering apartments in the CBD & immediate surrounds

colombo
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is hyde park inn good for long term stay?

No it's just that I had a choice of Meriton Serviced apartment on Campbell Street or Hyde Park. The reviews for Campbell were all really excellent, but it's location put me off a bit as its not as close to transport options as Hyde Park. The walk to work from Hyde Park is around 15 mins, while Campbell would be double that.. So I guess it's just the doubts of should I go for a really good hotel or really good location. But going with Hyde Park - thanks for the reassurances! :)

4. Re: Is hyde park inn good for long term stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 03:17