We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with a good view advice please

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with a good view advice please

Hi coming to Sydney for 4 nights on 14th February and want a hotel with a view at a reasonable cost. Initially was wanting opera/ bridge view but very expensive. The Pullman Sydney Hyde Park seems to be reasonable cost with lovely city views and lovely pool. Others I have looked at are Hilton and Radisson Blu. A balcony would also be good but don't see hotels with a balcony.

Is the Pullman Hyde Park too far away from everything? Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

E from Northern Ireland

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

What type of view are you after? The view from the Pullman would be of Hyde Park & city buildings - quite nice, but not spectacular. The location is good, right on bus routes & close to museum station. The Hilton is lovely, although rooms are small & again the view unless you're up near the top are nothing special.

Another option (& one that has balconies) is the Hyde Park Inn which is across the park from the Pullman but in a slightly better location. It is right on the free city (555) bus route.

http://www.hydeparkinn.com.au/

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

have you considered somewhere like Macleay St in Potts Point

I know the one we stayed in is gone (landmark parkroyal) but I guess there are other places that have the sort of harbour view that place had

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

Hi thanks for response - looked at Hyde Park Inn but it doesn't have a pool. What I don't want in a view is just to be looking into another building. When I looked on the Pullman hotel website it shows rooms with decent sized windows with views of the tower etc and good views from the pool and spa areas. On reading Tripadvisor reviews there seems to be good views from a lot of rooms. Does the Hilton have better views and what about location? Hotels at Circular Quay seem to be very expensive. Any other ideas? Thanks. E

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,045 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

Unfortunately, when you look at hotels where some have a view, these room inevitably come with a higher price tag.

Have you considered popping over to the other side of the Bridge to MilsonsPoint/North Sydney/Lavender Bay.

The rooms at the Harbour ire at North Sydney have great views and it is located right at Notth Sydney train station. The Vibe at Milsons Point, also next to the station is another option.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

hi,

Others to consider-

The old Sydney Holiday Inn - fab location - views from the swimming pool rooftop. - excellent budget hotel.

If you want a balcony consider looking at an apartment. Sydney has heaps of apartments with excellent views & balconies. Try Medians / Merition or the Oaks.

wotif.com/hotels/australia-sydney-apartments…

Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

Hi Glebe,

Sydney is expensive. A decent 3-4 star will set u back $180 - if not more - n even more for a balcony with a view.

The best views unfortunately are in the Rocks/Circular Quay area n they cost an absolute bomb.

Not all apartments have good views, case in point, avoid Medina Central, Medina Martin Place. Others have views but really depends where yr apartment faces.

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

Hi have looked extensively at hotels and apartments. Holiday Inn is not budget -actually more expensive than Radisson Blu, Hilton, Pullman etc. The Hilton has Executive rooms with access to executive lounge with breakfast and evening drink/canapes for £215 when I want them. Prices are about £240 in Radisson Blu and Intercontinental without breakfast. Pullman Hyde Park is about £175 - I like the idea of their outdoor pool.

The Hilton seems a good deal - Is the Hilton a good deal and is it likely to give a good view - could you see Opera House or harbour from any rooms or is it City views only?

Any other ideas?

Thanks E

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,950 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

I don;t think you can see the bridge or opera House or have a view from many of their rooms if any due to the location and the direction it faces.

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

Hi thanks for response on Hilton. Do you know what the Pullman Hyde Park would be like? The rooms there seem to have big windows, some with views Hyde Park not sure if any would have opera house or bridge view. It also has outdoor pool, Don't really want to spend £240 a night without breakfast in the Intercontinental. Any other suggestions? Thanks E

uk
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with a good view advice please

Hi have been looking at Bayview Boulevard hotel on William Street - is this a good area with easy walking distance to most attractions? Does anyone know this hotel - it reads reasonable, seems to have good views and is a lot less expensive than Hilton, Radisson Blu or Pullman. Help. Thanks E