We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location of apartments/hotels advice

uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
location of apartments/hotels advice

Hi

I am considering staying in Meriton apartments either Campbell Street or Kent Street. Can anyone advise which is best suited to see sights etc? Prices are similar for each.

If I was to choose a hotel I am considering Hilton, Sir Stamford or Pullman Hyde Park which is a lot less expensive. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel Sydney
Sir Stamford at Circular...
3,408 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Pullman Sydney Hyde Park
Pullman Sydney Hyde Park
2,404 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,201 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location of apartments/hotels advice

Campbell St. are newer apartments, but Kent st is slightly better located.

For the hotels you mention Sir Stamford would be my 1st pick being located right at Circular Quay, then the Hilton which is a better hotel than the Pullman. The Pullman price would be due to location & hotel standard.

Mentioned in this post
3,408 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Circular Quay
Circular Quay
3,516 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: location of apartments/hotels advice

Hi

many thanks for your response. I am torn on locations and price. The apartments are approximately for 4 nights in British pounds 600 for a studio which gives flexibility for making breakfast etc and having extra money to spend whereas Sir Stamford is about 800 without breakfast and Hilton has a deal for approx £860 with breakfast and access to executive lounge for pre-dinner drinks and canapes. Tough decision with 3 quite different options. Any thoughts

Mentioned in this post
3,408 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location of apartments/hotels advice

Sir Stamford is located down near Circular Quay and the sights around there include the Opera House and foreshore..Handy for ferries over to Manly and of course the harbour...Negatives(if you can call them that)are expensive tourist trap eatting places(eg. fish n' chips seems to be $28 everywhere)for example.Still it is a prime location and buses are easy to catch just down from there at Circular Quay...The Hilton is very central and is in the epicentre for the shops around Pitt St..sounds a better option with the Executive lounge facilities and breakfast..Popped my head in The Sir Stamford only last week and did feel a bit old and tired to me..Could be a good idea to look at any recent reviews on here to probably make a decision.

Mentioned in this post
3,408 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Circular Quay
Circular Quay
3,516 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
169 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location of apartments/hotels advice

I was torn between Meriton apartments Campbell Street and Kent Street too. I finally booked Kent Street for my September stay because I went on the street view of both places on Google map and I liked the Kent St. neighbourhood and location more. I have booked the skyview studio to guarantee a great view. I will be writing a review on it after the trip in October.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location of apartments/hotels advice

I recently stayed in the Meriton on Pitt St (cnr of Bathurst St). I can highly recommend it. Great location and central to everything - Chinatown, Town Hall station, Pitt St mall and George St, just to name a few. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and had an amazing views.

Here is my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255060-d489…

Mentioned in this post
Bathurst
Bathurst
New South Wales, Australia
Sydney Town Hall
Sydney Town Hall
302 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
6. Re: location of apartments/hotels advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 10:17