We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

I'm sooooooo confused and need help desperately. I am planning a trip to Sydney from the 27 Dec to 30 Dec (originally from Sydney) and will be staying with my Dad who lives Windsor. But on the way home would love to spoil ourselves with a 3 night stay in a nice hotel and take my 12yo son to Chinatown, Haymarket, Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Bondi Beach (his request lol) and maybe Powerhouse Museum. We have done the bridge, opera house, tower etc. previously so this is just a few things he wants to do.

My problem is where to stay and would love free parking but looks like it's not possible. So have thought about North Sydney and Milson's Point close to station or somewhere quite close to Pitt St Mall would be good. Now I am willing to pay $300 per night but unfortnately parking has to come into that as well and for 3 people in total. I might have to up my price to $400 per night and maybe save a little until then.

So can someone help with some places to stay don't care wether hotel or apartment but do prefer hotel as I like room service. Have stayed in Quay West Apartments previously in Glouster I think it was but that was 15 years ago for a band (sad I know) twice actually once in apartment and once in pentrhouse and they are beautiful with view but to pricey for me.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

We've stayed at the Cremorne Point Manor - great but car parking is hopeless in the streets. Going to the ferry I noticed Neutral Bay Motor Lodge that had off street parking and I decided if I ever drove to Sydney again (perish the thought) I'd think of staying there. It's also very close to the Neutral Bay ferry to get to the city. It looks pretty ordinary but may suit for a short stay given its location.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

Check www.booking.com

I just had a look and there are some options in your price range. None of the city hotels appear to have parking but seem to have arrangements nearby, so you will need to factor that cost in.

Most surprisingly, the Swissotel on the corner of George & Market Sts has some very reasonable rates.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

thank you I'll look at Swissotel and have just found a great deal with Citigate Central will look up reviews for them

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,510 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

Vibe Milsons Point might suit you.

Otherwise, try some of the 4 & 5 stars on wotif.

They sometimes have vacancies immediate before NYE at good rates.

Sydney
Level Contributor
48 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

I also recommend Vibe Hotel Milsons Point- right across the road from the station, up the hill from Luna Park and harbour (thus ferries!) , 5 mins to great restaurants and yes, parking!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

I found a great deal through Rydges World Square I get for 3 people $300.pn and that includes king size bed, rollaway bed, carparking daily, buffet breakfast daily, 3pm checkout and a cheese platter on arrival. Bargain

7. Re: Accomodation in Sydney argggghhhh!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 09:18