We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney CBD Hotels

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, WA
Level Contributor
15 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney CBD Hotels

Any recommendations for a 2 night hotel stay in Sydney CBD? Minimum 3 star

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,418 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

Meriton has 4 serviced apartment buildings in the CBD which are very nice. It depends on your budget, but the Campbell Street ones are the cheapest. They are all in good positions and walkable to the rest of the city centre / Darling Harbour / Circular Quay.

http://www.meritonapartments.com.au/sydney/

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,821 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

There's heaps to choose from. What is your budget? Would you prefer to be in the centre of the CBD, Circular Quay, The Rocks, Chinatown or Darling Harbour areas? Some information would allow for more appropriate suggestions.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,808 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

Step 1 ..troll wotif for a few choices that are in your price range.

Step 2 have a look at a few reviews on TA for some ideas about quality.

Step 3 return to us with a slightly narrower choice. I can recommend up to 15 ..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

GW - can we make your post a sticky? ;-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,808 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

yep....

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
15 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

Thanks everyone for your replies. $200 is my limit +- and I want to be close to Darling Harbour, The Rocks, Chinatown etc.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

It is a bit impossible to be close to Chinatown and The Rocks at the same time, as they are pretty much on opposite ends of the city. However, if you stay somewhere close to where the free #555 bus runs, you can easily reach Chinatown, World Square, Town Hall, Circular Quay, etc. without any issue (and for no cost at all either).

When will you be in Sydney? That has significant effect on what is available within your budget range. Agree with checking out www.wotif.com/ - Good source of hotels there to check out, read up on reviews about, etc.

Agree that if Meriton Apartments are within your budget range, I'd recommend them too (they are not on Wotif, so, go to their direct website). I've stayed in 3 of their 4 properties (the only one I haven't stayed in yet is Campbell Street) and you really can't go wrong with them.

Depending on when your stay is, you do have quite a good choice to choose from. Most "nicer" properties will be up at the upper end of your budget range though, especially on Saturday nights where prices in Sydney are at their peak.

Edited: 15 October 2012, 13:26
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

Have your looked into the Vibe Hotels they are usually well priced and the one in North Sydney is right beside the bridge ... could stroll back across the bridge to the Rocks ... great walk with awesome views

9. Re: Sydney CBD Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 10:17