We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfares and Months to visit??

Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Airfares and Months to visit??

I have new family that moved to Sydney and I am blest to get to go there... I want to go in March of 2014... I wanted to know is there the better time for the Fall Months to visit Sydney? They want us to come for more than 2 weeks but we both only have 2 weeks for a visit... also... I would like to know is BALI much father away from Sydney that way i can get in 1 week with relatives and the other week to visit bali? is that good...

Also from the states like st. pete fl what is the cheapest air to get and how far advance can i book? thanks

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfares and Months to visit??

Hi Moonlightsky,

Sydney will be just lovely in March. The weather will be good and you will not be there during school holidays. Easter is in the middle of April that year.

You are better off searching for flights in your own country in your own currency for times that suit you, since I doubt there are direct flights from Florida to Sydney. You will have to factor in connections and any Frequent Flyer schemes you might prefer too. Do some searches for flights about 11 months out from your planned dates, get a feel for the prices and then when you see a bargain, grab it.

Bali is in Indonesia, to the north west of Australia. It's about 6 hours flying time. A day of your holiday gone in flying and airports just to get there. Just sayin'.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfares and Months to visit??

agree autumn is a great time in sydney.

use www kayak.com to get an idea of fares.

most flights would be a one stop from the east coast via lax or sfo.

really your only choices are united, delta/virgin australia and aa/qantas.

qantas also fly out of dallas via brisbane to sydney.

schedules are usually established 330days out but early bookings are not always the cheapest.

subscribe to airline email for sales notification and /or monitor their web sites.

i would leave bali for another day. plenty to see in australia. consider heading to the sub tropical or tropical north if u need a break from the rellies.

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfares and Months to visit??

Florida to Australia is a long journey and there are no direct services. You will need to fly to Dallas or LA to get a direct flight to Australia. Qantas fly from Dallas to Sydney via Brisbane and JFK-LAX-Sydney direct . Virgin fly LA-SYD direct as do Delta and United. Another option and rarely known is United fly into Cairns via Honolulu and Guam and you can easilly connect to SYD that way. Bali is not that far, about a 6 hour flight. Garuda and Jetstar have direct flights. Fares to Bali are generally cheap if booked in advance.

4. Re: Airfares and Months to visit??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 10:17