We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to Passenger terminal

Auckland Region...
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel to Passenger terminal

Soffitel Hotel to Overseas Passenger terminal, can you catch train or is taxi best if so approx cost?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel to Passenger terminal

The Sofitel Sydney is only 500 metres from Circular Quay, which is where the main overseas terminal is located. The closest train station is at Circular Quay. I think you would have difficulty getting a taxi for such a short ride.

However, cruise ships also use at least 2 other wharfs around Sydney, so check on exactly where you need to get to.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel to Passenger terminal

You wouldn't have a problem getting a cab to the O'seas terminal from the Sofitel (Wentworth), which is what I'd be doing if I had enough luggage for a cruise. I've taken cabs from there to the Opera House without any hassle many times.

There are usually taxis outside the hotel entrance and if not, just ask the Concierge to whistle one up for you.

Sydney (and I think all Australian) taxis are required to take all fares, unless the pax are unruly, objectionable or the driver believes they will not be able to pay.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel to Passenger terminal

Lots of people jump into cabs for very short rides in the city. No way would I be dragging luggage through the city from the Wentworth to the Quay - it's not that close by.

Bokhara is correct - a cab cannot refuse a fare based on the distance of the journey. If you are refused take down the name of the driver (displayed in the cab) and have the hotel report it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel to Passenger terminal

If your luggage isn't too heavy then I would walk it ... easy walk all downhill and then "flat" along Circular Quay.

I couldn't be bothered waiting for a taxi and I certainly wouldn't use one for a short ride in any city ... maybe that's just me.

5. Re: Hotel to Passenger terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:18