We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal National Park / Dharawal Nature Reserve

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Royal National Park / Dharawal Nature Reserve

Hi

I will be in SYD this week and will be travelling to Camden for some work. I then have a few hours to myself and was wondering if these parks / reserves are a good idea ? Can we do any kind of walk around in that time frame ?

Thanks

Easzee

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,057 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal National Park / Dharawal Nature Reserve

From Camden you're looking at well over an hour to the Royal. Dharawal is closer but not very well developed. I reckon you're better off pressing on to the Royal. ... so I hope you don't mean literally three hours, cause you really need more than that. If time is a bit iffy, why not go to The Australian Botanic Garden at Mt Annan. There's some good walks there with lovely district views and some critically endangered Cumberland Plain woodland remnant to check out.

..or you could head out to Burragorang Lookout at Nattai. Not so much on the walking, but it's a nice place to visit if you're already out as far as Camden, or you could do some walks at Thirlmere Lakes NP which is a pleasant drive across the Razorback. The NSW Rail Transport Museum is also at Thirlmere. If you're hungry try picking up some of the local yoghurt from the little fruit shop opposite the school in Thirlmere. Best yoghurt going and produced by a dairy in Picton.

Edited: 05 November 2012, 07:31
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
72 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal National Park / Dharawal Nature Reserve

thanks a ton. Burragorang Lookout at Nattai looks the best for me this time around. time is the real killer this time around :(

apologies for being naive but is it easy to get a cab from Burragorang Lookout at Nattai to go back to CQ ?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,057 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal National Park / Dharawal Nature Reserve

Now that's a question I didn't expect. Given that you were contemplating visiting Dharawal NP I assumed you must have a car.

I have to say I've never tried to call a cab from Burragorang Lookout. It would cost more to do that than hiring a car for the day I would think. It's a fair old whack from Camden.

4. Re: Royal National Park / Dharawal Nature Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2013, 10:17