We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manly Fast Ferry

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Manly Fast Ferry

This is a privately owned company running parallel and different routes to the government ferries.

And before anyone has a rush of blood to the head & hits the "inappropriate" button as they did on the markets thread - I have no connection with the operators! Like that poster, I am merely a local interested in telling people about things they they may not see on the normal tourist info sites.

The website is www.manlyfastferry.com.au Tel: (02) 9583 1199

They run catamarans and their routes include

Darling Harbour

Pyrmont bay

Milsons Point

Circular Quay

Taronga Zoo

Watsons Bay

Manly east pier

Q (quarantine ) station

Great service as a stand alone or in conjunction with the STA ferries.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,943 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manly Fast Ferry

But do remember they won't take the My Multi tix.

Have seen quite a few stoushes down there lately.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manly Fast Ferry

Was over in Manly early September and just happened to talk to a guy at the Jetty bar there who commutes to the city using this private ferry service...What he did say surprised me as he stated that this service is both faster more reliable and worked out cheaper especially if you used it regulary and off peak,as they then drop their fares during this time frame...You do have to purchase some kind of card and it is then topped up but he did say that most local commuters into town used this as a prefered mode now...The STA ferries are now in private hands but have many of the old ferry workers transfered over to them on the same wage agreement for the next two years...then the fireworks begin!!!

3. Re: Manly Fast Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 21:17