We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro Apartments: King or Darling Harbour Location?

Oshawa
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Metro Apartments: King or Darling Harbour Location?

Hi, my family of four (2 kids under 7) will be in Sydney from Feb 4 to Feb 8. I think I'd like to stay at Metro Apartments, but am looking for some feedback about the differences between the Darling Harbour and the King Street locations. Any advice? We won't have a car, so proximity to local transport is important, and a pool would be great but not necessary. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro Apartments: King or Darling Harbour Location?

I think you will find Metro in King is actually at the Darling Harbour end of King street. I don't see any other Metro Properties in that location.

Sydney CBD is very walkable, with buses on every street, and ferries from Darling Harbour to Circular Quay.

To give you an example, I can walk from the bridge at Darling Harbour to Hyde Park in less than 10 minutes.

Did you look at their website? There is a rooftop pool.

Edited: 05 December 2012, 02:43
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro Apartments: King or Darling Harbour Location?

I think you will find that the two properties are across the road from each other.

One has it's entrance in Sussex St and the other has it's entrance on King St.

So, location-wise, they are the same.

Both are very central and only a short walk o Darling Harbour, Chinatown, the city and public transport.

The free city shuttle Route 555 runs along George St, which is 4 short blocks away.

Oshawa
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro Apartments: King or Darling Harbour Location?

The one on King has a pool, I'm having trouble figuring out if the Darling Harbour one has a pool too. I can't pull up pictures on their website so haven't been able to check. http://www.metrohotels.com.au/

4. Re: Metro Apartments: King or Darling Harbour Location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 19:16