We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney trip in February

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney trip in February

Hello. I am travelling to Australia on the way back from New Zealand in early February. I have a few questions some of which may be difficult to answer but here goes. I've checked out the top things to do when I'm there and some of the posts are very helpful in that respect. I want to tour the opera house, maybe walk over the bridge (its a pricy walk! ).I'd like to go to the zoo where you get the great views of the city and can see the native Australian animal's close up. I have been told a trip to the barrier reef is doable but a flight there and back from Sydney one day, coming back the next might be the only way to do it. I would also like to see the blue Mountains. A few drinks and meals wouldn't go amis either.

Now the hard bit! I'm trying to work out a budget. I would have spent the previous 3 weeks in New Zealand so the wallet will already have taken a good hiding! A friend recommended staying at some youth hostels to keep the costs down. Including doing all the above with some spending money of course, can you advise of an amount I should budget for. A vague breakdown would be helpful in order to eliminate anything that may be too rich this time. I will be travelling alone and going back to the UK at the end of what promises to be a great time. I hope this doesn't come across as trying to spend as little as possible. Apologies if I've given that impression.

Many thanks for taking time to read this.

Welcome Walking Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
BlueBananas Electric Bike Tours
City Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Your Sydney Guide
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Barefoot Downunder
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
11. Re: Sydney trip in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 10:15