We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

Hi there,

I came across a groupon deal to visit blue mountain + Featherdale Wildlife Park, at 59 AUSD per person.

I need to know if DIY blue mountain would cost cheaper than this or it's worth buying the groupon deal instead.

& how much does Incline Railway, Cableway, Skyway costs as they are not included in the deal. Are they necessary?

Australia
Level Contributor
313 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

131500.com.au/tickets/explore/blue-mountains

An explorer link ticket from the city costs $49.50 This includes the train and bus only

The coach tour only includes the coach travel and entrance to Featherdale.

The benefit of DIY is that you have more freedom to do what you want. Do not worry about featherdale because that will give you more time up the mountains. If you want to see wildlife go to Taronga Zoo or Wildlife World

http://www.scenicworld.com.au/

The railway will be closed for the next month or two but the rest is open as normal.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 06:34
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

Thank you Matt076. i was also wondering if its possible to get any cheaper option from katoomba train station to echo point & some good attractions around there without HOHO.

I found that the weekend train to Katoomba is half of usual price (~14 AUSD return). Hence, if i could only find some option from & around Katoomba, it will be great :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

haha I posted about this the other day, check out the thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255060-i122-k6091…

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

Haha thanks Andy. exactly the information that i was looking for.

I would probably opt for DIY because im getting the Multi3 pass that will include transfer from CBD to Katoomba. I need to figure our a cost for katoomba to echo point.

But yes, the luxury of a tour is something that i'd miss but more time to look around.

albany, WA
Level Contributor
16 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

Hi,

We were in Sydney recently for a week, and bought the Multi3 pass which proved to be the best buy ever. Took the train to Katoomba and bought a hop on hop off bus ticket which gave us the option of several different stops. If you only want one stop at Echo Point, go up to Katoomba and ask at the visitor info spot. I'm pretty sure one company said it was $5 for one leg of the round trip so that would be cheaper for you.

Loved the day trip and worth getting out of the busyness of the city!

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,924 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

The myMulti3 ticket will not only get you to Katoomba on the train, but it is also valid for the Blue Mountains public Buses. While not as frequent as the Explorer and trolley buses, the public service does go past the main tourist spots like Echo Point and Scenic World.

At $22 for the day I'd call it a bargain.

7. Re: How much DIY Blue Mountain would cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 06:17