We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Reservations

NJ
Level Contributor
2 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Reservations

Are there any services in Australia that function like opentable.com in the US? A central place to make reservations? I found dimmi.com but it doesn't seem very popular. Also looking for a review site like Yelp.com (there's an AU version, but again, not well used) to find restaurants, shops, etc.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Reservations

restaurant review site: www.eatability.com.au

I have used dimmi.com.au but I think most here still book thru restaurant web sites or give the place a call.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Reservations

why not try this forum as a research tool. Indicate the type of food and budget and you will get a reasonable summation. so much new is opening so quickly that some of these sites may be behind the times. I dont know any serious diner that uses them too be honest.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Reservations

Hi Krissy

I work for Dimmi (www.dimmi.com.au) and we are the leading online restaurant reservations site in Australia (very similar to OpenTable). It gives you access to 2500+ bookable restaurants in Oz, plus more than 250K real diner reviews. We recently partnered with TripAdvisor and many of our restaurants are now bookable on this site (more coming over the next couple of weeks).

If you want to go mobile you can do it via the Dimmi iPhone or Windows Phone app, or the m-site. This is often used for last minute searching of available tables.

Australia is lagging behind New York and San Francisco in terms of usage but it is changing fast. Once people make the switch to booking online, they wonder how they lived without it.

Hope you don't mind the shameless plug but we are proud of what we do here at Dimmi :-)

Cheers

Mark

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Reservations

>> Hope you don't mind the shameless plug but we are proud of what we do here at Dimmi :-)<<

Actually Mark self promotion is against Tripadvisor posting guidelines tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

tripadvisor.com.au/help/what_are_the_guideli…

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Reservations

Ok - apologies for that. I was trying to be open and transparent to answer the question. Happy to remove if I have crossed the line.

6. Re: Restaurant Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 07:16