We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret hotels on lastminute...does anyone know the 2* Hotel?

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Secret hotels on lastminute...does anyone know the 2* Hotel?

Hi has anyone booked the 2* CBD hotel in Sydney on lastminute.com priced at $67 for end of June?

Or any of the other secret hotels under $140?

I'm due to take my sister who's on a budget and has limited mobility, so being up by circular quay is really important for us, or located in the northern part of what is classed as the CBD.

I've tried the old google trick but they've removed any hints these days!

I also like the location of The George Hotel at $60 a night but its shared bathroom. The secret hotel doesn't state whether its shared bathroom or not, are you able to call and actually clarify this detail without obviously asking them to tell you the name?

Thanks loads

Dee

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,285 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secret hotels on lastminute...does anyone know the 2* Hotel?

I personally do not know which property, but for $67, I'm not sure I'd be holding my breath that its a traditional Circular Quay property.

At a guess - The Mercantile Pub

london
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secret hotels on lastminute...does anyone know the 2* Hotel?

When you go through to book the bedding configuration is one queen size bed with overhead bunk. I know formule one in darling hurst/William street had this configuration and is cheap at $75-89 usually.

Do You know of any other hotels with this bedding configuration? I think the mercantile is a fairly old-style layout, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be this one.

Does anyone know what the 4* secret deal is priced about $119 as this could be another choice?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,605 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secret hotels on lastminute...does anyone know the 2* Hotel?

Your budget is very tight for the northern end of Sydney/The Rocks. Using www.wotif.com.au and the map with a $140 pn you have a choice of The Australian, The Mercantile, Napolean on Kent. The Travelodge atWynyard is available for some nights at $119 which is very good value considering location.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 21:31
london
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secret hotels on lastminute...does anyone know the 2* Hotel?

We were looking at the secret hotels in the CBD. They have 4.5* ranging fm $119 to $149 a night, does anyone know what these hotels are? They really have changed the for,at to make it impossible to guess u less someone posts.

We really liked TheRussell Hotel but with my limited mobility its very hard to stay in a hotel like this even with an ensuite there are stairs going up and down to it on the photos. Another I like is Seasons Darling Harboir. Lower down nearer to Chinatown monorail stop but still very central and at $99 a nigh for a suite with heated pool and spa it means that I would be able to charge ,y electric wheelchair in my own suite rather than risking charging it in a hotel foyer....

5. Re: Secret hotels on lastminute...does anyone know the 2* Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 05:16