We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

Hi

My family (2 Adult & 2 kids, 5 and 10 yo) will be travelling to Sydney for Xmas and New Year. We are looking to stay in bondi beach front hotel/apartment, budget not more than A$250 per night.

This is our first time in Sydney and any recommendation on hotel and itin is much appreciated.

Thanks

Shem

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,649 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

I doubt you will have any luck at all renting at that time of the year with that budget. ... many places will be double that and more at such a popular time of the year - particularly those that are beachfront

check out www.stayz.com.au

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,924 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

thmoore is exactly right.

Four people means two room or a two room apartment. Double your budget, lower your location expectations and book ASAP. Many places on Stayz will have a one or two week minimum rental period.

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

Thanks thmoore and evamelb for your prompt reply.

Double the budget is fine. Do you have any recommendation for beach front or nice place in CBD? Other than beaches, most important is to have nearby restaurant and supermarket if possible.

Thanks, Shem

Sydney
Level Contributor
234 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

As the others have said, that time of year is very pricey. Anywhere near the city for the fireworks or Bondi for the beach party are very very expensive for NYE but would be lower (but still expensive) for the remainder of the time. There are a number of serviced apartments in the CBD with easy walk to public transport and supermarkets - just goggle serviced apartments Sydney

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,515 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

Great advice from everyone above.

I'm just going to go sideways here. Personally speaking, I'm not sure Bondi Beach would be my location of choice with a 5 and 10 year old for New Years Eve. I would select the CBD even without a view.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

Much more choice around Sydney CBD/Central/Chinatown/Darling Harbour and book as soon as possible (prices are extortion at this time of year). All will be close to eating out and supermarkets. For example, at Meriton Serviced Apartments (they are currently quoting 2BR 10 nights Xmas to NYE at $5,550)

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

Have decided to book Meriton Service Apt. Which location is the best for kids and to soak in the X'mas and NY atmosphere? Thanks again.

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

Meriton Service Apt location is in Pitts Street, World Tower, Kent Street, Campbell Street, Bondi Junction, Waterloo, Parramatta.

Appreciate your advice.

Sydney
Level Contributor
234 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

Definately not Waterloo or Parramatta, they are out of the city. World Tower or Kent st would be my choice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bondi Beach Front Hotel/Apt

World Tower is a big building with a busy mall under it. Pitt Street is a bit closer to sights and not as 'busy'. Look at the map on the Meriton site so show location in regards main sites of Bridge, Opera House. The city Meriton apartments are all close to our Chinatown and Darling Harbour. Bondi Jnctn, Danks and Parramatta are not city locations at all.