We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Access

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Easy Access

Hello Experts,

Hi this is first time i will travel to Sydney with my big family, so i'm looking ibis budget hotel for our accommodation. So need advice from all of you expert which one of ibis hotel near and easy access for tourist like me?

1)ibis budget St.Peter OR ibis budget Enfield? which one is near and easy to get public transport?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,406 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Access

St Peters would be the closer to the CBD, but still not the most convenient. I have a feeling the money you save from being at a property away from the CBD, will be exhausted on the transport and time you spend going back and forth. That property is about 15 minute walk from St Perers station, then three stops till Central.

It's not the furtherst I've heard enquiries about, but would be interested in the reason for your selection.

What exactly is your nightly budget for accommodation?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Access

thanks KVE1005. Oh my budget is around 100-120 per night. Ok noted. How about ibis Enfield? is it easy access to public transport?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,809 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Access

How many people and then total budget per night ? Have you looked at Sydney Harbour YHA (great location, modern and value for money) ?

When are you in Sydney ?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Access

Dytokyo,

I will be there from 31st August until 4th September. Is it ok for stay at YHA with children 1 y/o and 3 y/o?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Access

Yes many families stay there - they have rooms fr 4/5 with a private bathroom.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Access

Because some of backpackers/hostel don't allow babies stay together. :(

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Access

i agree that st peters and enfield might not be easy access locations.

with such young children, it might be too tiring to get back to these places at the end of a long day out. you would be better increasing your budget and staying somewhere closer to the city

other places to check out are the yha at sydney central

…yha.com.au/hostels/…

and also check out the meriton apartments. with a family, having this option is good for the extra space and also the kitchen and laundry facilities for getting your own breakfast and supper.

meriton campbell street is very close to the chinatown area. meriton kent street is also in a good location. or world tower.......you might be lucky and get a good deal for your stay.

www.meritonapartments.com.au/sydney…

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy Access

Thanks a lot for reply back KVE1005, Dytokyo,Mia K & JuneTL

Thanks for the info. if Devere Hotel or Maisonette Hotel and both of this hotel located at Potts Point, is it easy to access CBD and regular tourist attraction? and the important things is is it easy access with public transport?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,406 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy Access

The properties at Potts Point are much closer and easy access to he CBD. But having said that, you are coming with a big family - is that with children? If so, I'm not sure it would be the most favourable area.

Have you looked into the Sydney Harbour YHA as previously suggested? It's a beautiful property and suitable for your price range, and a much more apt location for families.

10. Re: Easy Access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:17