We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a surprise trip to Sydney for my husbands birthday

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
66 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a surprise trip to Sydney for my husbands birthday

Very excited to be planning a surprise trip to Sydney for my husbands birthday in November. I have booked Meriton on Campbell Street and will be staying for 7 days. I have done my research on things to do and and see, but would love some advice on a place to have one very special dinner. Doesn't matter what type of food, but would like the view/ambience to be great. Something special to Sydney. Thank you for your replies.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,927 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Planning a surprise trip to Sydney for my husbands birthday

#20 ... you must read the full conversation (ie all the posts) before jumping in with silly one-liners that are no longer in context!

5dz
Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Planning a surprise trip to Sydney for my husbands birthday

Given your location, I too would recommend Cafe Sydney and Altitude Restaurant where views and service are sensational.

Personally, I think you should avoid a dinner cruise as I think the Harbour would be enjoyed most during the day where you can take in the scenery on a ferry ride for a lot less.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Planning a surprise trip to Sydney for my husbands birthday

I would agree with 5dz - if you want to do a harbor cruise, do a lunchtime or morning tea cruise. It's much more spectacular in the daytime than at night. The lights twinkle and are pretty but you don't really get to see much.

Even if you don't end up at Altitude for dinner, I would suggest you have either pre dinner drinks or a nightcap at the Blu Bar on 36 at the Shang. In fact if you have a drink there, you can forget about the view with dinner and concentrate on spectacular food.

24. Re: Planning a surprise trip to Sydney for my husbands birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:17