We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Sydney

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong kong
8 posts
Save Topic
Staying in Sydney

We are planning to book a quad room in the following address.

Central Railway Hotel and Apartments

240 Chalmers Street, Sydney NSW 2000

Can anyone give us the pros and cons of this place for a tourist?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Sydney

Location is not that great. Closest rail station is Redfern and this is not great at night. Why not a quad room at the Sydney Harbour YHA in the Rocks (fantastic location) ?

Why this location - budget or access to something ?

What dates are you looking at ?

5dz
Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Sydney

I wouldn't recommend location, obviously you have a larger family, depending on the time of year and how long you intend to stay in Sydney there would have to be other options which are more ideally situated (especially if you are travelling with children).

Before suggestions can be made, you will have to provide further details...

Hong kong
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Sydney

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. We are four people. Two of us and two teenage children. We are planning to visit during Dec 22 to 28 this year. We have chosen this obviously for cheaper sake only. We prefer to cook and eat so we are looking for reasonable serviced apartment. Where can we look ?

Oz
Level Contributor
11,675 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Sydney

Hi,

I wouldn't stay there either although I can think of a few people who deserve to stay there :-)

Have a look at this link and come back to us with some possible locations before you book.

http://www.booking.com/city/au/sydney.en.html?aid=342443;label=city-sydney-7eOm7cMZE7BZ7i3k2WkRtgS28429505990:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t3:neg;ws=&gclid=COPes9ikx7gCFchcpgodWkUAeg

You may need to C&P into your browser at TA doesn't like long links

Cheers,

Edited: 24 July 2013, 05:28
5dz
Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Sydney

As a family that often travels with three children, I know it can be difficult to find suitable accommodation for a reasonable price.

I'm not sure how much the Central Railway Hotel has quoted for your stay however you may want to consider booking an apartment just outside the City? Have a look at booking.com and stayz.com.au where you can search for other options apart from just the major chains or larger hotels. Both sites can be useful as they provide reviews and prices.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Sydney

I think dytokyo has asked the right questions. With information about your dates and budget, we can better advise you of your options.

7. Re: Staying in Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:21