We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

Hi there,

Few questions I have:

We will be in transit at this hotel and wondering what the cheapest parking is around this hotel as we will be borrowing a friends car for 2days

We will be in Sydney this coming Thursday and and will need parking from Thursday night until about Saturday noonish, keeping in mind we need parking which allows us to go "in-out".

I have seen the exorbitant rates at the Terminal Parking and don't justify shelling out $100 + for carparking

Our flight is international early Sunday Morning so was wondering whether this is the better hotel.

Is staying at Domestic side an option in regards to hotels? How about carparking at domestic and a shuttle bus to international side? Is there a shuttle bus?

Thanks and Regards

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

I'm confused.. Why would you stay at the airport if you have a car and are ins Sydney for two dAys? Why not stay somewhere nicer and more conveniently located?

Edited: 04 August 2013, 04:51
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,685 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

Totally with Eva.

Unless you have a high volume of work or appointments out near the airport, I'd be staying in the CBD.

And if you're staying in the CBD, and absolutely need the car for appointments, bite the bullet and pay for valet parking at the hotel. This way, you have secured parking on site, with near immediate access and multiple entry and exits. Not worth searching for alternate parking, as it will end up being more expensive paying overnight plus hourly rates.

If you want to really skimp on car park charges, there are a few three star hotels in the CBD, who do not have insure parking, and have have daily parking agreements with nearby car parks, starting from around $30 for multiple entry/exit tickets.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 05:33
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,685 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

Sorry edit - horrid auto correct on my phone.

It meant to say; three star hotels who do not have their own onsite parking. But the catch is the access to the car park is not 24 hours.

Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

There is free street parking in Levey St, about 10-15 min walk away.

To get to the airport walk east through the park to Marsh St. Cross the bridge on the left hand side and at the other side turn left and loop under. You can then make your way through the carpark.

Of course this may be hard with luggage or in bad weather.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,685 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

That would equate to 30 mins additional time, with every use of the car. So yes, it's free but not particularly convenient.

laurieton australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

try airport international motel I think they have free parking and shuttle bus to international airport for a minimal charge

7. Re: Sydney Rydges Airport Hotel and Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:16