We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

Hi,

I am looking for a store in Sydney where I can buy Christmas trees. I would prefer going to a hypermarket style so I can shop other things at the same time.

Thanks,

Mary

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

Real or plastic?

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

Thank you @evamelb. Both... I want to see and feel any so I can decide. would you know what stores to visit? please help.

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

If in case you also know some hypermarket style stores that sells christmas tree that would be a great help so I can buy other stuff too on the place. :)

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

KMart? Target? Big W? You'll find one or more of these in every shopping mall.

Real trees usually sprout up closer to Xmas at Service Stations and Scout halls. Buy one from the Scouts and support their work.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,131 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

David Jones usually has some good "fake" trees. The real ones are not sold until 2-3 weeks before Christmas.

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

Thank you Mia K and evamelb. I appreciate your help. I saw the website of Scouts and asked them if they sell their trees through hypermarkets. Thank you again!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,136 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

this one might help christmaswarehouse.com.au/flex/…1

as already mentioned you can't buy cut trees till just a couple of weeks before Xmas , but have you considered buying a real live in a pot tree - a conifer of some variety - check out some of the larger nurseries like Flower Power

Department stores will probably start getting their Xmas decorations & trees in within the next month (yikes!)

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

Oh i see. Thanks for the info. In Australia do you have like a hypermarket, where supermarket and department store are combined in one roof?

I think it would be best go to places like that as everything is there and you don't need to spend more time walking around. Would you know any name of store like thant in Sydney?

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,037 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

Your location shows Sydney, Australia?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,136 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help please, Christmas Tree in Sydney

Not really - we often have them in the same shopping centre (mall) but not under the one roof/in through the one door.

Target, Big W and Kmart are the three big 'everything but groceries' stores. Myer and David Jones are the 'department stores.

What part of Sydney are you in/looking at - someone will be able to tell you the nearest big shopping centre.

The Parramatta Westfield http://www.westfield.com.au/parramatta/ has a Target, a Kmart, David Jones & Myer and several hundred 'specialty shops'