We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

Hi Guys! Hoping to book my honeymoon in Europe next year leaving may and Returning June and can not get over how pricey the flights are for emirates at the moment (as we want to spend a few nights in Dubai)... I can find a ticket no less then $3000 per person. Any advise on the best time to book, when people have noticed prices drop in the past?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,690 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

look at this link - for examplw Qantas tell you when the fares are cheap to fly and May-June are not the months. So nothing to do with time you book but simply the time you travel.

qantas.com.au/travel/…en

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

You have picked one of the most expensive airline combinations as well. Being a bit more flexible about where you stop over en route will mean cheaper fares.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

Sorry I don't have the answer but it might be worth also posting you question on the TA Air Travel forum, they tend to keep a close eye on airfares

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,030 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

I think it's purely a case of peak season ... the stopover will add to the cost also.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

Thanks guys! Im little surprised I thought June - August was peak season! I hope the weather will be nice in Italy in May considering the prices on flights

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,030 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

Don't forget it's also a school holiday period over there (half term)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,633 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

Do you subscribe to any airline sites etc? Often there are special deals that come through my email ... for example there was one that I got a couple of days ago for flights to the UK / Europe from $1399 for travel this year (Oct / Nov).

You just have to keep an eye out for them and I've found that subscribing to sites such as best flights helps me to price watch. Also based on past sale fares, you may find some cheaper flights in early October but don't hold me to that !!!

Edited: 11 September 2013, 22:15
8. Re: Flights to Europe 2014 - Why are they sooo expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:19