We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leura, New South...
1 post
Save Topic
Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Anyone know the answers to the 5* AAA listed on the 23rd? price is 155

308 replies to this topic
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Thank you KVE1005.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,406 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Pleasure naej.

How was the long weekend in Sydney? I hope you had a great time.

World
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi KVE,

Are you able to assist in deciphering the five star mystery hotels? The date we're looking at would be 13 April, 2014. There's 2 self-rated five star hotels (one is $165 and the other is $150) and 2 five-star hotels (one is $185 and $189).

Your help is most appreciated! Thank you! :)

Edited: 07 January 2014, 03:18
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,406 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi curious,

Before we start, there's one property I haven't been informed about and one unconfirmed. Some people have gotten annoyed that's it's being revealed, plus there is going to be changes in which hotels participate. (If you take a look on Wotif for today, and then look at it for April, you'll notice the number of hotels for the Mystery is different, and so is the order in which it's displayed). I've also been advised that Wotif may rotate the positions from time to time, to keep people guessing.

Anyways, this is accurate as I can be TODAY.

Self Rated #1 - ($165) - Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

Self Rated #2 - ($150) - Pullman Sydney Hyde Park

5 Star #1 - ($185) - Amora Jamison Sydney (not confirmed)

5 Star #2 - ($189) - Fraser Suites Sydney (not confirmed)

Going by what's been confirmed, I personally would choose Sofitel Wentworth, based on value and product for the rate. Having said this, you really can't go wrong with any of them, as you're saving minimum 20% off their Best Available Rate. The two unconfirmed 5 Star was information provided calculated on their rate patterns over three months. Basically what they're saying is their "best guess".

Sorry I can't be more accurate, and hope you enjoy whichever you choose.

Edited: 07 January 2014, 04:35
World
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Thank you very much, KVE! That really does help a lot! :)

Brisbane, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi, I got a deal with hilton sydney hotel for 279/night for a king deluxe room on 29th Jan but I can cancel it anytime. so I was wondering if i should try the wot mystery hotels? Do u have an update on which hotels are in the mystery list? But the rates for 29 Jan to 1 Feb are around $200 so Im not sure if Im getting a good deal. Pls help.

Thanks guys!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,406 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

That deal you got with the Hilton isn't bad at all. The 5 star mystery at $165/185/185 for the 29th January onwards is the Amora Jamison. Value for money? Definitely, but the Hilton is slightly nicer and great location for shopping. Another great value hotel for those dates is Pullman Hyde Park at $195/$195/$205, which is unbelievably good value.

BUT, in comparison to the Hilton at $279, the Westin is only $318/380/260 - so it averages out at $320. For the sake of $40 per night difference, I would take the Westin any day. It's worlds apart from the Hilton.

It really comes down to what your preferences are.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Are you able to tell me the current self rated 5* fourth one down for Sydney, $188 for a Saturday night in April? Much appreciated!

Brisbane, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Thanks a lot KVE! I really apreciate it.

Brisbane, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Thanks a lot KVE! I really appreciate it.

However the Hilton deal doesn't include a complimentary breakfast. Can u also comment about the Marriott hotel? There is new member deal of 1 free night after 2 paid stays.

Reply to: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted