We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leura, New South...
1 post
Save Topic
Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Anyone know the answers to the 5* AAA listed on the 23rd? price is 155

308 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,299 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

I just received word, that it won't be confirmed until the third week of March - but they didn't say it *wasn't* the Langham.

From what I understand, Wotif are trying to get back to their original Mystery model, whereby the hotels must 'rotate out' after two weeks. I think it's an attempt to keep it more secretive, but it's a bit a of a fib, because we all know that there's been a couple of hotels that's permanently been the Mystery over the past two years.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,100 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Thanks!

Wellington, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
63. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi,

Can you tell me what are the 5 star hotels and self rated accommodation in Sydney for 21 April 2014 please.

Thanks

rose

Wellington, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Kve 1005,

I am looking at Wotif.com and lastminute.com.au...

Thank you in advance

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,299 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi arose,

Apologies in advance, as the listing was shuffled at the end of March, so I've only got incomplete information. The Wotif 'Mystery' hotels listed in the exact sequence on the website, I've been advised are;

2. (5 Self Rated) - Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

3. (5 Self Rated) - Pullman Sydney Hyde Park

5. (5 Star) - Amora Jamison Sydney

6. (5 Self Rated) - Astral Tower and Residence

Edited: 04 April 2014, 03:37
Wellington, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
66. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi KVE1005

is this based on the Woftif website?

So to confirm:

$195 = ?

$165 = (5 Self Rated) - Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

$194 = (5 Self Rated) - Pullman Sydney Hyde Park

$200 =?

$185(5 Star) - Amora Jamison Sydney

$300 (5 Self Rated) - Astral Tower and Residence

Thanks Heaps

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,299 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi Rose,

Yes what I have listed is for Wotif Mystery in Sydney CBD - except you've listed the rates for the 20th April, not the 21st as you requested - but what you've written in sequence is correct. I dint have a confirmed list at all, as Lastminute have altered their listing. They used to co-list off Wotif properties, but have since expanded.

The 'value' of the mystery can fluctuate, and has to be compared to the disclosed advertised rate of the same room. So going on the actual date (assuming it's still 21st April), Sofitel Sydney Wentworth is easily the best value. The Amora and Pullman are too expensive and the margin isn't significant enough for a Monday. And Astral is beautiful, but it's in Pyrmont which is an awkward location.

What's your priority/preference? Value? Location? Rating?

If you aren't happy with the listed hotels, Sheraton on the Park is going for $199 on that date - which is the best of the non mystery listing,

Wellington, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
68. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi there sorry gave the wrong dates. I am after the Sunday night. So that would be 20 April. Is Sofitel went worth still the $169? Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,299 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Yes, that's correct.

Sofitel is listed at $165 for the Mystery on Sunday 20th April - which is even better value, as the other hotels are quite highly priced for a Sunday night.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13

Hi KVE105

I've not previously considered a mystery deal however there's a deal currently on wotif for a 5 star self rated that sounds pretty good. It includes breakfast & Easter show tickets. We're looking at staying three nights from Friday 18 April. Based on your previous posts I'm guessing the hotel may be Pulman Hyde Park, does that sound correct?

Over the past few months we've stayed at quite a few places in Sydney........ Intercontinental was fantastic, the Opera House/Bridge room had sensational views plus the club lounge was superb. Sheraton was also pretty good with a really nice club lounge. Hilton Relaxation Suite was fantastic however club lounge was consistently overcrowded with out-of-control children running through the place (it's been like that every time we've used the club lounge over the past few years). Suites at The Westin are always perfect but club lounge lacks atmosphere. Overall, the Intercon is our current favourite (service is a standout & views from rooms & club are amazing).

Thanks so much for your input into this thread, you seem to have great knowledge of Sydney hotels.

Reply to: Wotif mystery hotels 23/05/13
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted