We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 2 nights

NY
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for 2 nights

I am arriving to Sydney in the evening, around 10pm on 25.10, spending there the next day and leaving at 2pm on 27.10.

What is the convenient location to stay? Easy to get to sightseeing places, easy to get to/from airport. We won't have much luggage.

I see an inexpensive place ($108) with very high ratings in Zetland, Defries Ave. How convenient is that location?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,573 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights

>>>I see an inexpensive place ($108) with very high ratings in Zetland, Defries Ave. How convenient is that location?<<<

Not very - not for what you're wishing for.

The obvious recommendations are around the Circular Quay, The Rocks, and CBD. But the closer you are to the Harbour, the more expensive.

So it comes down to budget.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,628 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights

Search www.wotif.com.au under the location of Sydney CBD. There is also maps to show the locations of hotels. Your dates are Friday/Saturday so prices are higher and choices limited (particularly for 26 October)..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights

If you stay in the suburb of Mascot (which on the eastern side of airport) there are a few cheaper "airport" hotels there, like Ibis, etc. There is a train service which runs via the International and Domestic Terminals, the next stop is Mascot. So you have train assess straight to your area of hotel, then for travel downtown (Circular Quay) area, which Opera House is, etc. You would also have easy assess to SYDNEY Buses which run a service into city from Mascot area, so maybe you look at that!

Or alternatively I would suggest some hotel near the Central area, southern part of the CBD. Hotels cheaper here, as it not in the business area or near harbour. Again easy assess from Airport (by train) and again, you can use the local SYD bus service or trains to travel downtown. Agree, Zetland too awkward for tourist.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights

Definitely stick to the CBD: Town Hall, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, Wynyard, Central, Ultimo, Chippendale, North Sydney, Darlinghurst. Botany, Potts Point, Kings Cross, Surry Hills are all good places

Zetland is in the middle of nowhere for a tourist especially at $108 its not a bargain.

If you go on lastminute.com, there are some secret hotel bargains that you can buy, otherwise boutique places recommended there aren't bad.

It is not worth your hassle and time to save a few bucks in my opinion. Staying near the airport would be lame, there are many places to stay in the city and surrounds without doing you broke.

Good luck

5. Re: Where to stay for 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:20