We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The rocks vs paddinton markets

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The rocks vs paddinton markets

Hi i'll be in sydney for the weekend and would like to go for a saturday market at paddington markets, but heard that it has slackened and the rocks weekend market is better.

Any views on this?? I would reli love to visit a big street market that has nice souveniors and others.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The rocks vs paddinton markets

I prefer The Rocks street market by far...

For me Paddington Mrkets really has lost its vibe. But that might be due to the way we are shopping or things we are shopping for these days.

I mean back in the day Paddington Markets was vibrant and great for cheap items whether made here or imported from other countries.

I find The Rocks Markets more enjoyable and more funky / vibrant and more artsy if that is a word.

Souveniors I find would be a better purchase from the Rocks Markets.

There are also markets at Glebe School and they have, once a year, a massive street market along Glebe Point Rd - Glebe Festival.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The rocks vs paddinton markets

For ease and ability to see lots of other things at same time I would go to the rocks markets. Lou

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,147 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The rocks vs paddinton markets

The Rocks Market is touristy and this is probably what you want. Also the area is nice to walk around plus access to the Bridge, MCA Gallery, The Rocks so if only in Sydney for a weekend then this should be fine.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The rocks vs paddinton markets

If it's souvenirs you are after then The Rocks gets my vote too. As well as the market stalls have a look in the surrounding streets and the Argyle Centre.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The rocks vs paddinton markets

Thank u for all ur replies i will go for the rocks!

By the way i dont intend on buying multi passes and thought of just using single trip fares. Can i buy the ticket from every bus station or buy it in the bus itself?

6. Re: The rocks vs paddinton markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:17