We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to spend Christmass eve

Buenos Aires
14 posts
Save Topic
Nice place to spend Christmass eve

Hi, my wife and I are traveling to Sydney and we're going to spend Christmass eve while there.

I'd like to know if this particular celebration is of importance in Australia/Sydney and if we can look forward to any specific events on this date. If so, what would you recommend to spend the night in terms of dinner and something afterwards?, what options do we have?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,165 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice place to spend Christmass eve

Christmas is certainly an important celebration here although there may not be any specific events on Christmas Eve itself. It is a working day for most people although a lot of offices etc. finish the day early. The city will be decorated & has a slightly festive feel. There are large Christmas trees at Martin Place & inside the Queen Victoria Building.

Christmas day & boxing day are public holidays with businesses, most shops & some attractions closed.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,707 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice place to spend Christmass eve

There are usually carols in Martin Place near the tree.

Dinner will be a normal affair as we celebrate on Christmas day

3. Re: Nice place to spend Christmass eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:20