We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australind...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

We are planning to spend 2 nights in Sydney to celebrate a 50th. We are looking for apartment accommodation in the rocks area (or close by).

Wish list:

3 bedrooms

Balcony or tce (2 are smokers)

Walking distance (10mins) to good restaurants and if possible, circular quay.

Bedding configuration is not super important, my sister and I are happy to share a big bed!

Not looking for luxury, but clean and pleasant

Budget 400-500 per night

It has been a long while since any of us have been to Sydney. As we are only there a couple of days, we don't want to spend all our time on transport or getting to restaurants/bars etc.

We would welcome any suggestions. Thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

Your smoking wish list is a near impossibility in the areas you are looking for. Although all hotels in Sydney are non smoking, I think there was a thread where Quest Dixon St in Chinatown was mentioned, that thy provided ashtrays. But I'm near certain that none of the properties in Circular Quay/The Rocks permit this.

What dates are you travelling?

Australind...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

Sorry, should have clarified, the 2 smokers specifically Don't smoke inside, the just want a terrace or balcony area (not comfortable with standing on a street).

We are definitely after more apartment style accomodation. A couple of the travellers really want a kitchenette or the ability to make their own breakfasts at least.....Looking at the hotels in the area, we would need to be millionaires.

Darling harbour is an option. Is it difficult to get to the rocks area from there?

Sorry for all the silly questions. I am in charge of accommodation and it is proving difficult to please all parties...lol

We are travelling April 2014.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 08:08
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

>>>Sorry, should have clarified, the 2 smokers specifically Don't smoke inside, the just want a terrace or balcony area (not comfortable with standing on a street)<<<

My apologies also, as I too should have clarified.

No hotels that I am aware of permits smoking on the balconies, with possibly the exception of the above property.

I don't think any apartments offer 3 bedroom at Darling Harbour

Edited: 11 October 2013, 08:15
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

There are plenty of choices for 2 bedroom that can configure 5 adults, but only a few have three bedrooms - and you wouldnt want to know the rates.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,796 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

KVE is quite correct, but instead of a hotel or serviced apartment, have you considered renting through airbnb? You may find a three bedroom apartment or house on there but I doubt it would be in the city.

The smoking will definitely be an issue wherever you go. It may have to be the street and in some neighbourhoods even that isn't allowed anymore.

Australind...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

Beginning to think we might be better to stay in Adelaide and go to the Barossa for the weekend......

However, I shall continue the Internet slog for a little longer yet...I would welcome any suggestions for near city locations - with easy transport links...I will also look at air bnb, thanks for the suggestion.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 12:39
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

Why are the smokers not comfortable with standing in the street? It's unlikely anything will happen....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
704 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

I think smoking laws in SA are similar to NSW? So it may well be similar restrictions in hotels wherever you go in Aus. Understandable, as you can imagine that smoke would drift into other rooms from hotel terraces etc. in Sydney you cannot smoke within 4 metres of entrance to a public building.

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

I am wondering why ladies is written as "ladies"

makes me wonder about appendages

would explain the uncomfortable feeling standing on a street corner,leaning on a post, smoking

though in Sydney I am sure no one would notice

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,948 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accom for 5 "ladies" to celebrate 50th

There are 3 bedroom apartments available in Sydney but the trouble you will have is your budget.

ie. Mantra in the CBD - fab location -

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

Oaks ( not 5*)

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

Also look on www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/nsw/sydney for house to rent. ie..

stayz.com.au/accommodation/…

Easy suburbs - Kirribilli / Manly / Bondi / Surry Hills /