We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tigerair question

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tigerair question

Hi

I've purchased a ticket on Tigerair and was able to print a confirmation. The confirmation states that an official itinerary (in PDF format) will be emailed within one hour. "This PDF format must be presented to receive your boarding pass". Its been two days and I have not received the email. I've contacted customer service and have not had a response.

Do I really need this PDF to receive my boarding pass or can I just show the ticket agent my confirm and get the boarding pass?

Has anyone had a similar experience. I know that Tigerair can be very strict about their procedures.

Thanks

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tigerair question

Look in junk mail folder.

If not there, just call them and they will send another one.

Yes, they sometimes (not always) want to see it at the airport when you check in.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tigerair question

I've looked in the junk (spam) mail. I'm trying to avoid calling Australia from the US. If I'm put on hold it could wind up costing more than the ticket.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tigerair question

I suppose you have already tried going into 'manage my bookings' and clicked on 'resend itinerary'?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tigerair question

about 5 times and even changed my email address

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tigerair question

Tiger are very strict with their policies regarding these things ... you really need to get it sorted before "just" arriving at the airport and explaining your problem. If you don't have everything they ask for you can lose your seat.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tigerair question

Try putting a post on their facebook page ... it may work.

https://www.facebook.com/tigerairaustralia…

Edited: 13 October 2013, 06:42
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tigerair question

If you've tried all that you will have to contact them.

If you have lots of time up your sleeve they you could try their email contact but don't hold your breath for a response.

Phone call is the only way to sort it. If you don't want to pay for a call then use Skype.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tigerair question

I have a few months so I will bombard then with emails.

If that fails, I will call from work LOL

I was hoping that someone else had a similar issue and didn't bother with the PDF.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tigerair question

Hi Able58

I like your suggestion to post on Facebook.

They seem to answer those posts and I can also message them.

Thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tigerair question

Update

I posted on Tigerair's Facbook page and was successful in resolving the problem. It seems my aol.com email was blocking emails from Tigerair. (not going into spam either) so I used a gmail account and it worked. Tiger air responds to Facebook posts quickly.