We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 free days

usa
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
2 free days

Hello-I have two free days before I attend a business meeting. I was thinking I might get a little ways outside of Sydney. Any suggestions of where I might head? I would prefer to drive no more than an hour or two north or south. Just looking for a place to hangout and enjoy the scenery.

Thanks.

Best Seller
Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
754 reviews
from US$167.50*
Best Seller
Sydney BridgeClimb
1,096 reviews
from US$131.90*
Best Seller
All Inclusive Blue Mountains...
243 reviews
from US$161.90*
Best Seller
Blue Mountains Wildlife Day Tour from...
1,070 reviews
from US$125.50*
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 free days

What sort of scenery would you enjoy more ? Seaside/Mountain/Vineyards ?

Sydney (greater metropolitan area) has a lot more attractions than people realise...

If you can list what you have already seen, we can make better suggestions

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,959 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 free days

North: Terrigal, Avoca Beach, The Entrance. All of these are coastal towns. Terrigal is the most cosmopolitan, Avoca is very laid back and The Entrance is good for families.

North West: Pokolbin for the wineries if you have a car. Just don't drink and drive ;-)

South: Kiama (slightly further than a couple of hours)

South West: Berrima, Mittagong, Robertson for country charm.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,817 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 free days

West to the Blue Mountains (just need to check bushfire conditions before you go). Can do an organised tour here, drive yourself or catch the train and bus/walk. Many tourists do this trip.

Drive to Palm Beach and walk to the lighthouse (one hour drive north) then swim at the beach/ocean pool.

Drive to Stanwell Tops for views (one hour south)

Stay in Sydney and do a bush/coast walk eg Bondi to Coogee to Maroubra, Zoo to Bradleys Head to Balmoral Beach, Spit to Manly.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 free days

Definately agree with staying closer to Sydney as some of the vistas are amazing,

You could get a hire car and spend the day northern peninsula- so Drive through to the West Head national park for a great view over Lion island, then wind your way down through to Avalon for a coffee, then up to Palm Beach. Walk up to the Barrenjoey lighthouse- hopefully the walk is open after a recent fire>

walk back down the surf beach or bay side to the cafe ,

Or the Stanwell tops or Royal National Park has some great walks from the beach up the ridges.

5. Re: 2 free days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 06:22