We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from hotel to Overseas Passenger Terminal

Glastonbury...
1 post
Save Topic
Transportation from hotel to Overseas Passenger Terminal

I have been searching for a way to get door to door from the Campbell Meriton Service Apartments in the CBD to the Overseas Passenger Terminal on the morning of departure that is less than $50. I have been scouring the internet and it seems that such service is very pricey and not very easy to find. We are seniors and carrying 4 suitcases to a bus or train terminal so that I can get to our destination is out of the question. Any meaningful input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,482 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from hotel to Overseas Passenger Terminal

Why not a Maxi taxi. It's only a short ride.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,924 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from hotel to Overseas Passenger Terminal

Hi,

Could I ask what services you are searching? And how did you come to the figure of $50?

I'd be surprised if a taxi reached $20

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from hotel to Overseas Passenger Terminal

Agree with KVE. Get the reception desk to call a cab. Even with the booking fee it won't be anywhere near $50.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from hotel to Overseas Passenger Terminal

Just ask for a maxi taxi, which is the people moved sized taxis as a normal one won't hold your 4 cases easily. Will definitely be under $50.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from hotel to Overseas Passenger Terminal

From Campbell St to the OPT is less than 2 miles. A taxi should be able to use less busy streets to get you there. $50 for such a trip would be extortion. I agree with earlier advice and ask you concierge or reception to arrange a suitable taxi.

6. Re: Transportation from hotel to Overseas Passenger Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 05:20