We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
109 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

Hi everyone

I'm landing in Sydney at about 11.30am on Thursday morning (coming in from Singapore) and am booked to stay at the Seasons Darling Harbour. I was trying to find out the best way to get from the airport to the hotel and thought I'd take an airport shuttle but most people here don't really recommend them. From what I understand, taxis cost about 45-50 dollars (depending on traffic etc) - is this with or without the tolls? Considering that we're coming off a red-eye flight, I'd like to figure out the most cost-effective but not too tiring way to get to the hotel. I'd really appreciate your input on this!

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

At 11:30 I would simply just hop into a taxi. The traffic should be okay at this time of the day.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

I agree with EM.

Although close enough to buses, that property is one of the most awkwardly located from a train station.

I too would catch a taxi.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
109 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

Thank you for your advice. I will take a taxi. Just a follow up question - given the time of day, should we take the toll road or the regular route?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

It's not really a 'regular' route as such, but we understand what you mean.

Ask the driver to take you via O'Riordan, Abercrombie, and Wattle St - and to arrive from the BOTTOM end of Goulburn St. (If the taxi arrives from the George St end, there's nowhere to turn around)

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
109 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

Oops, I guess I should have said the 'non-toll route'! :-)

Thanks KVE, that's very useful information!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

My apologies, I deliberately left off street names thinking the taxi driver should know - which is never a good assumption.

It's O'Riordan St, Botany Rd, Cleveland St, Abercrombie St, Wattle St, then William Henry St in that sequence.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 11:23
7. Re: International Airport to Seasons Darling Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:19