We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

We will be arriving at the White Bay Cruise terminal in late February and are thinking that a MyMulti3 one week pass might suit us well for $61. Am I understanding the information correctly? A MyMulti 3 would enable us to visit Kiama, the Blue Mountains, the Hunter Valley wine district, plus Bondi Beach (my old home for one year :) ), Manly by ferry, etc? Are there restrictions that I should be aware of?

Arriving at White Bay, where would I pick up this pass? Could I purchase it with a credit card?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Hi.Yes that is true,a MyMulti3 would you give unlimited access to public transport just about anywhere within the Sydney Basin.Mind you it does not include private tours and the red HOHO services in the city or elsewhere.Re the Hunter Valley,Kiama etc,although accessible by train,once there unless you can pick up a hire car or tour,its sparse and hard to get around.

For where you can but it,there are not yet much facilities at White Bay,but a short walk along to King St Wharf there are a number of convenience stores that sell them(also all 7/11 stores).Also there are transit shops located at Circular Quay,Wynyard,behind the QVB and at central(Broadway side)that can also sell you these tickets and all railway stations.Also maybe try the concierge at your hotel.

Toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

You beat me to my next question- how easy is it, once in Katoomba or the Hunter Valley, to get to the points of interest? Would it be easy enough, and inexpensive enough, to pick up a local tour or transportation once there?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Note White Bay is not a short walk to King St Wharf (but only a couple hundred of metres if you swim). Catch a taxi to your hotel and then find a place to buy your ticket.

Edited: 31 October 2013, 01:37
Toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

We won't have a hotel for our first night in Sydney- we will still be on the ship. I thought we could walk or take a taxi to the first place that sells the MyMulti tickets.

Also, do you know if there are car rentals near White Bay? Our other idea was to rent a car and drive to Batemans Bay, then if possible, drop it off at the airport.

If we do rent a car, would it be risky to expect to find a hotel or B&B in perhaps Kiama and Katoomba if we do not make reservations in advance? It would be nice to be able to just stop anywhere that we find appealing if possible.

Sorry, so many questions. At this point we are still debating all our options. :)

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Katoomba is easy enough to get around. Your ticket also covers the Blue Mountains Public bus service which stops at the most popular places like Scenic World and Echo Point. There's also the HOHO bus but that's extra.

As to Kiama and the Hunter Valley, you really do need a car.

If one of your options is renting a car don't forget to consider the cost and availability of parking.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

If dropping the car back at the airport then you need to hire from one of the majors (Avis etc). The main pick up point for all the hire car companies apart from the airport is William St (eastern edge of the city). There is a Thrifty car hire in York St which is good for accessing the road to north or even the BM.

Correct me but I thought once you arrived in a port then you needed to leave the ship (if you are disembarking) - you are implying that you can spend the port night on the ship even while you do day tours.

For HV you can do a tour from Sydney but a hire car really helps you see what you want.

How many night do you have after you leave the ship ?

Toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

We arrive on Feb 22, disembark on the 23rd, and fly out on Feb 28.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

White Bay Terminal is located at a disused cargo port, which adjoins a residential area of Sydney (the suburb of Balmain).

The most convenient MyMulti retailer is Balmain Allfoods, at 71 Mullens St. This is next to the 441/442 bus stop that will take you into the city. It is a 1.3km walk from the Cruise Terminal.

NB: Everyone will tell you to just get a cab or the ship company's transfer bus - no-one will know about the public bus so you will have to make sure you know exactly where you are going.

Toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

Thank you so much. This is very helpful. I knew there was a bus not far from the cruiseport but was concerned about the now cashless system. On the first day we will be unencumbered by luggage and will be able to hop on and off easily.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MyMulti for someone arriving at White Bay Cruise Terminal

The problem is that I am not sure on cruise days that you can access Mullens St from the ship. The official guide says the nearest bus stop is in Robert St but I am not clear if you can access this via the security gatehouse at Buchanan St.

See this link particularly page 4 (which is confusing to me)

sydneyports.com.au/__data/…28641

/WB_Cruise_Terminal_Info_Sheet_24052013_FINAL.pdf

www.the.cruiseylife.com/white-bay-wrong-way/

Again I think a taxi is more effecient way to start your visit to Sydney