I'm coming to Sydney for a quick visit at the end of March 2014 for a bit of sightseeing and the footy.
Arriving Friday March 28th at 12:55pm and leaving Sunday March 30th at 5pm. My brother is currently living in Sydney and my Dad is coming up a few days earlier, so I have a bit of time allocated with them already.
My basic ideas at the moment are:
- QVB, Paddy's Market, Pitt St Mall for shopping
- Darling Harbour - will probably stay around here for dinner
- Circular Quay, The Rocks (incl the markets), Botanic Gardens
- dinner + footy at ANZ Stadium with Dad and brother
- brunch/lunch with Dad and brother
I wouldn't mind fitting in some sort of ferry ride, but I haven't figured out where that could go yet.
I'm wanting to stay in the CBD and I will be staying alone. Most hotels I've looked at seem to be quite expensive (it's probably too early to be looking though). Am I likely to find anything for $150 or less at this time that would be convenient for my Friday and Saturday? I don't need 5-star luxury but I don't want a hostel. I'm happy to spend a bit more if I need to, I just don't know what a realistic budget is!