We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Sydney

Cathedral City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Sydney

Will be in Sydney for Thanksgiving. Would like to find a place to have traditional US Thanksgiving meal. Anyone know of such a restaurant? Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

Thanksgiving doesn't feature here at all, I'm afraid.

Can't recommend anything - but someone alse may have an idea.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,299 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

Not much,

http://www.americanaustralian.org.au might be able to help out

You see we celebrate this thing called Australia Day

3. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 23:00
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

Blue Plate Bar and Grill in Neutral Bay is an American Style Restaurant that specializes in American Food and is run by an American. So if any place would do a Thanksgiving meal that might be it.

http://www.blueplate.com.au/

I'm sure the Australian-American Association, as GW mentioned, would have an event but it may be members only. Worth checking though.

As others have alluded, it's not a festival that is celebrated in Australia except by an handful of American expats so restaurants that do the full Turkey,stuffing, pie and all the trimmings may be a bit hard to find.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 05:55
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,505 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

nozzie ... I think you would probably have to BYO beer & prawns

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,971 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

As eva said Blue Plate does American food ... it gets some incredibly mixed reviews though???

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g910794-d…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

I have just looked through the "Good Food" liftout in today's "Sydney Morning Herald". There are restaurants advertising Christmas and New Year functions, but no mention of Thanksgiving.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

Have you checked out www.yelp.com.au? I enetered Thanksgiving and found reference to one place called Indulgent Sage at McMahons Point. The reference was for last year but their website says they are doing it again this year. I have no idea what they are like but it might be something to check out.

http://www.indulgentsage.com.au/

You can check out reviews for them on www.eatability.com.au

You won't have much choice so it might be a matter of take what you can get.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,247 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

We seem to have adopted Halloween with open arms. What's wrong with adding Thanksgiving to the festive season list? :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,181 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanksgiving in Sydney

I had brunch at the Indulgent Sage about a month ago. It was good, and obviously a very popular haunt for locals.

Fortunately, no turkeys were harmed during our visit.

OP, how about embracing the different cultures of other countries when travelling? After all, you can have Thanksgiving every year you are in lthe US.