We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Sydney

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Sydney

We will be in Sydney in Sept 2014 after disembarking a ship at Cicular Quay. E plan to stay 3 nights. Suggestions pls best place to stay with close transportation and places we should visit. Many thanks.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Sydney

Give us an idea of your budget and your interests and we will be delighted to make some appropriate suggestions that meet your needs.

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Sydney

Budget would be up to 200US a night. Walking distance to some form of transportation. Our interests are cultural, history and main tourist places that are a must do. Also idea of getting to airport for early flight without too much difficulty. I saw AEA executive apts on Bridge street. How steep is the hill from cruise teminal and your thoughts.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Sydney

I don't know the exact apartments you are referring to but Bridge St is a steep hill from Circular Quay. Probably a 15 minute walk with luggage.

Wynyard Travelodge would meet your needs. Convenient, close to attractions and very near the station if you want to take the train to the airport.

Just a hint. When giving a budget try to do so in the currency of the country you are visiting. Not everyone here knows the exchange rate to the USD. I know, hard to believe!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Sydney

www.wotif.com.au is usually regarded as the best site for prices/choice but only shows dates/prices out to 6 months (this site is good with maps etc to locate hotels etc).

www.booking.com.au does show prices out to 12 months

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,209 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Sydney

I agree with everyone above.

AEA apartments is located in a brilliant spot, close to Circular Quay and transport. However, the apartment itself is very old, and it is mixed tenancy. Some residents, some students, and some corporates. It is selected purely for location rather than product. And there is NO staff on premises.

Eva's suggestion of Travelodge Wynyard is a great one, and I too would recommend the property.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 03:24
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,184 posts
1,433 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Sydney

Another is Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast at the Rocks.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

& The Russell Hotel in prime location in The Rocks.

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

7. Re: Where to stay in Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:17