We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

southampton
Level Contributor
23 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

Viator and a few others are offering a "new" day tour from Sydney which says it takes you in a SuV out to the countryside to see the usual native animals in the wild as opposed to wildlife park or zoo. It has an evening lamplit search for the critters and sounds the sort of thing im after. Has anyone been on this tour to see how it compares with the more usual blue mountains, caves and wildlife park offerings?

Will be in sydney for the NYE shindig, and will have a couple of days post fireworks and was toying with this as something to do.

Also as it seems to be an offering by a number of operators, does anyone know who the tour is actually run by?

Cant wait to be back in Sydney from what will be a cold and wet UK,

Appreciate any info

I'm Free Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours
Blue Diamond Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Blue Mountains Tours
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

Is it something similar to this ? boutiquetoursaustralia.com.au/our-tours/…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,345 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

Viator are a resale agency, so I'm wondering who the local operator maybe.

The only clue it provides is that the tour is in the Southern Highlands from what I can tell.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,571 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

boutiquetoursaustralia.com.au/our-tours/…

I would not book through Viator. It is usually simple enough to find the identity of tour provider with the help of Google, and it would appear this one fits the bill as mentioned by the above posters.

southampton
Level Contributor
23 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

Thank you for that, i could only find what looked like more resellers to me . Are boutique tours actual tour givers for want of a better phrase they certainly look as though they are, and that certainly looks like the same tour. Thats great, id much rather talk to the real deal, than needlessly give a corporation a cut

So anyone been on the boutique tour of the southern highlands ? Was it any good?

CheersMark

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

I think this is them although a lot of the reviews are for their HV tours tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g247792…

southampton
Level Contributor
23 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

Thanks everyone, they are the same folks even if the tour isnt the same, i like the fact owners read and reply to posts, and Boutique tours seem to be on the ball, have just emailed them to book, so fingers crossed they have places after all this research.

Thanks for all your help

Mark

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

No worries, hope it all goes well for you, perhaps you might let us know how it all goes?

southampton
Level Contributor
23 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

went on the tour, was absolutely brilliant, so glad we did. thank you all for your help. I have posted a full review under Boutique tours Australia attraction listing

9. Re: tour offering for 4wd wildlife day/eve day trip anyone been?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:18