We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

Good day everyone,

I would like to go to Blue Mountains and also experience ride on the steepest passenger railway in the world, the Scenic Railway.

But I don't understand, is the Scenic Railway the same place when I go Blue Mountains? Or both are different places?

If I go for Scenic Railway, I could not get closer to Blue Mountains?

http://www.bluemts.com.au/

http://www.scenicworld.com.au/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,523 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

>>>But I don't understand, is the Scenic Railway the same place when I go Blue Mountains?<<<

Yes same place. It's located in the heart of the Blue Mountains.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,924 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

The Blue Mountains is a huge area of mountains, valleys, bush land and towns to the West of Sydney, like, say, the Genting Highlands. It's not one place you can go to.

One of the towns is Katoomba. In Katoomba you will find an attraction called Scenic World. There are a number of rides you can do from here - the Scenic Railway, the Skyway that goes across the valley and a gondola.

malaysia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

Thank you KVE1005 & evamelb for replying.

If I go Scenic World, am I able to get closer scenery to Three Sisters also?

Compare to solely just head to Three Sisters instead of Scenic World?

Because I want to have close view with Three Sisters.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,966 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

The main lookout for the 3 Sisters is in Echo Point Rd Katoomba. Scenic World and the Skyway are in Cliff Drive Katoomba (2 km walk/5 min drive from the 3 Sisters).

look at google maps and google "Three sisters" and you can see the comparative locations.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
97 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

Ha thanks for this thread, now I have a better understand of the Blue Mountains area.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

1. Are there any other lookout points in Katoomba ' less travelled by tour groups & less crowded' but easily accessible by car to recommend?

2. Is King's tableland and Wentworth falls accessible within the same parking area? Where should one park at for each of these attractions?

Thanks!

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

You have a different car parks for Wentworth Falls and Kings Tableland lookout. They are quite removed from each other by car.

There really are many lookout points around Katoomba. Follow the tourist drive signs along Cliff Drive, and there are a number of places to stop and look out.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

<< 1. Are there any other lookout points in Katoomba ' less travelled by tour groups & less crowded' but easily accessible by car to recommend? >>

Check out Gordons Falls Lookout. Park the car and then a short 3 minute walk to the lookout.

Here is the carpark location:

https://maps.google.com.au/maps…

Just zoom out to get an idea on the location.

Everytime I go there I am generally one of 3 or 4 others.

Brad

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

You won't get a close, good view of 3 sisters from Scenic world.

Another alternative is to walk from Echo Point (where you get a good view of Three Sisters) to Scenic World via the Giant Stairway and Federal Pass.

That's what I did on my recent visit to the Blue Mountains. It's a 2.5 to 3 hour walk and takes quite some physical effort - but the views are worth it and you can get close to nature. :) This option is only recommended for the more physically fit though.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
97 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

Thanks for all the advice! :) Will look into those!

10. Re: Blue Mountains and Scenic Railway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18