We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Lunch

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Christmas Lunch

Hi There,

Due to messy custody battles, I have my two teenage daughters with me for Christmas for the first time in five years. It is enormously important that I give my girls a great time, I'm not concerned with cost. Does anyone know of anywhere that does a traditional lunch that includes things like, singing carols round the piano,

reading the sick jokes found in bon bons. Basically somewhere more geared to having some fun rather than dressing nicely and practising table manners. We live in South West Sydney.

All ideas welcomed. Cheers Debby.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,306 posts
1,483 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Lunch

I'm not sure about Christmas songs... but here are a few you could research as I know they do Christmas Lunch.

Watson Bay Hotel

The Star - DarlingHarbour

Park Hyatt - The Rocks

Shangri -La Hotel - The Rocks

Swissotel Hotel - CBD

Golden Century - Chinatown

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Lunch

I know the Intercontinental had Santa, Crackers, and live Christmas music.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Lunch

Hi Debby B

As Ellemay suggests, The Star Garden Buffet is a great lunch or dinner for Christmas.

If you go there, I highly recommend arriving BEFORE 11.30am for the start of lunch.

My husband and I went there last year, the line starting from the bottom of the stairs that leads up to the Garden Buffet was massive already and it snaked the whole way around on that level.

If you get there after 12pm, be prepared for a wait. The group bookings are only taken if you have 10 or more and they have preferential treatment over the smaller groups to be seated first.

4. Re: Christmas Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18