We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney- Request help on best day trip

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hongKong
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sydney- Request help on best day trip

Hi, am traveling to sydney in dec for 4 nights with my hubby and 9 year old son, i am planning a day trip, which is the very best one to go for. Also is there a great zoo to visit that very popolar. Thanks in advance

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,208 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney- Request help on best day trip

Taronga Zoo is on Sydney Harbour - catch the ferry from Circular Quay

as far as day trips - all we know is that there are two adults and a 9yr old and you will be here sometime in the next 2 weeks - if you want suggestions you need to give us more to work with... when are you coming?, what are you interrested in? , how will you travel (public transport or have you hired a car) ? What other things are you planning to see?

do some more research - including reading the day trips links (in the right hand bar) and make a short list - people can offer suggestions based on your information but no-one here is a mind reader

cheers

helen

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney- Request help on best day trip

>>i am planning a day trip, which is the very best one to go for.<<

Day trip? What are you interested in? There is more than enough in Sydney to fill your time. Then there are the sort of half day trips, for example going somewhere by ferry. And then there are the full day trips, for example the Blue Mountains. But if you aren't interested then why look at trees for a day when there is SO much back in Sydney? You won't have time for it all. Don't do a 'day trip' just to tick off a 'must do day trip'. Nothing's a must do. The word BEST is rather meaningless without context. What is my best is not necessarily your best is not necessarily thmoore's best is not necessarily anyone else's best. The most often mentioned one I suppose IS the Blue Mountains but anyone who enjoys wine would be kicking themselves for missing the Hunter Valley. And anyone who doesn't find foliage fascinating will be yawning and thinking of all the things they are missing in Sydney while they waste a day out of Sydney. Tell us what sorts of sights and activities you enjoy and then we can help suggest what might be best for YOU.

3. Re: Sydney- Request help on best day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:17