We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imax

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Imax

Hi

We've booked tickets for new years day Hobbit. Are you allowed to take in your own food and drink?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,447 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Imax

probably not. My daughter is going tomorrow and she suggests hiding it inside your hobbit costume :)

Mittagong, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Imax

I never openly take food in , but have taken in small quantities in my bag. No one has checked and certainly not once you're seated - the place is too big for them to notice!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
678 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Imax

Rachel,

Do you think that some other patrons could find people eating and drinking while the movie is playing annoying?

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Imax

Well I know most cinemas sell food and drink, I was just thinking of a small bottle of organic juice, nothing fizzy and diabetic sweets none of which they normally sell at a cinema. Is food not allowed at all in the cinema? If it isn't I wont, my issue is alot of the time cinemas only sell things I don't like! In the UK I have never had an issue bringing my own. I am not on about a three course meal!

Edited: 25 December 2013, 08:59
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,447 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Imax

Take your juice & stuff Rachel - I doubt anyone will ask but if they do tell them you have a medical condition - they will be so busy looking at all the Hobbits, Dwarves, Elves etc to notice

enjoy the Hobbit - such a shame Oz has had to wait so long for its release

helen

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,832 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Imax

It had never occurred to me until I read this thread that taking your own food or drinks into the pictures might be an issue. I always take my own water and any snacks or fruit I may want in with me. Have you seen the eye watering prices at the candy bar? While I don't take a full meal with me, I've seen plenty of people munching on sandwiches, burgers, chips and the like. By all means, take your juice in with you.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Imax

Thank you, I will take some juice and sweets with me. Will be q nice treat, never been to Imax before and LOVE LOTR and The Hobbit!

8. Re: Imax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2014, 05:16