We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Company

Singapore
Level Contributor
355 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Company

Hi

Have any one uses Baywater Car Rental? Google on the net and found many negative reviews stating bad experiences and rude services.

Any advices from Sydney Gurus?

Have shortlisted Avis for my upcoming trip in May but noted that Baywater offers lower Excess insurance hence cheaper by $100 for the same rental period. But am very worried about hidden costs.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,634 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Company

Every rental company gets some bad reviews. Complaints about rudeness usually mean that the person making the complaint was not granted some unreasonable request.

Bayswater has been around for at least 20 years and is thoroughly reputable.

Mentioned in this post
The Bayswater Sydney
The Bayswater Sydney
1,154 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,635 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Company

I have rented a Bayswater car many years ago in another state and it was fine .. but I haven't rented one in Sydney.

As Nick says, they have been around for years, however I would never choose a car rental on the basis of their insurance premium ... there may be other optional insurances that you are not aware of which may in fact end up being more expensive than other rental places.

If you are worried about the reviews, stick to a company which you feel comfortable with.

I'd also suggest you have a look at the FAQ to the right - "FAQ - Tips for renting vehicles" - as it covers a range of issues and also has some information about toll roads etc of which there are many around Sydney !

Finally look at the terms and conditions on the different car rental sites and check the "fine print" about the different insurances offered and what that means to you as a renter in terms of your responsibilities should the an accident happen.

Mentioned in this post
The Bayswater Sydney
The Bayswater Sydney
1,154 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Nick's Seafood Restaurant
Nick's Seafood Restaurant
1,789 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,220 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Company

Yes- I use Bayswater at least 3-4 times a year and have always been very happy with their cars, prices & service.

Mentioned in this post
The Bayswater Sydney
The Bayswater Sydney
1,154 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Company

also compare prices on www.vroomvromvroom.com.au

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,733 posts
1,753 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Company

We have used Bayswater Rentals numerous times over many years & have never had a problem with them.

Mentioned in this post
The Bayswater Sydney
The Bayswater Sydney
1,154 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Singapore
Level Contributor
355 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental Company

Thanks everyone for sharing!

The website said no hidden cost. All cost has been listed in the confirmation. How true is this?

7. Re: Car Rental Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:17