We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport

Hi,

We will be arriving in Sydney on Monday the 13th January for 3 days. We will be staying in the Rydges World Square Hotel. There are 2 of us. What would the best form of transport from Sydney domestic airport to the hotel. Can any one give us some advice please.

Thanks Monica

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,544 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport

It depends on how much luggage you're carrying.

If it's easy enough for you to carry up stairs, and walk down one block, catch a train to Museum Station (exit Castlereagh St).

If you have a lot of luggage - taxi via O'Riordan St.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,038 posts
1,381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport

As mentioned by Kve it depends on your luggage & the time you are arriving into Sydney ??

Taxi is your best bet if you have lots of luggage otherwise try the train.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport

Personally, coming off a flight like that to an unknown city, I'd walk out & get a cab. Door to door. No fuss, no messing about. And sod all difference in the price for 2.

I'd do it even if it were just me. $40/$50 v's all that pfaffing about? Bargain!

dublin
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport

Thanks for your replies, I will take a taxi.

5. Re: Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:17