We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on our stay in Sydney.

London, England
Level Contributor
379 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on our stay in Sydney.

We've enjoyed it, although the cricket result dampened my husband's enthusiasm for a couple of days! NYE was brilliant and we have commented on our experience in another thread on NYE feedback, so enough said on that area.

Pricewise, Sydney is very similar to London. We walked a lot, having considered before arriving that we would get MyMulti tickets. Actually, we didn't need them. We did the tourist stuff and found the hop-on/off bus good for getting an initial overview of the city and out to Bondi. The botanic gardens are great but I was not impressed by Sea Life which was horribly overcrowded and poor value for money. We were going to do a self-organised Blue Mountains day trip, but calculated that the itinerary of a small tours company fitted our needs well and did away with the hassle of self-organising for a modest premium over fares/fees. We think we have photographed every rivet of the harbour bridge from every conceivable angle and seeing the opera house close up reveals that it is a truly magical architectural icon.

Food and drink isn't cheap but we have had some great meals. Best meal was Fish At The Rocks and the runner-up was The Woods at the Four Seasons. A couple of pub meals were indifferent but that's the luck of the draw. It is very refreshing that restaurant staff are not chasing tips as happens all the time in e USA and Europe.

Thanks Sydney and Sydney-siders! We are now moving on to Adelaide and Perth: it's a dynamic trip!

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on our stay in Sydney.

Fantastic, glad you enjoyed. Please give an update on Adelaide, it's a beautiful understated and mis understood Australian city. Comments about Perth will be interesting, if you found Sydney expensive Perth might just top that.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,826 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on our stay in Sydney.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your Sydney visit. I agree, it will be good to hear about Adelaide, I don't think I've seen many reports on that.

3. Re: Thoughts on our stay in Sydney.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18