We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which restaurant in Sydney for Mud Crab?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
205 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Which restaurant in Sydney for Mud Crab?

We were in Sydney 4 years ago and loved the mud crab that we had at Golden Century restaurant in Chinatown.

We are expected to be in Sydney again in this November. Great as Golden Century was, it was quite expensive. I'm looking for a restaurant that serves mud crab with close to same quality but at a more affordable price tag or is that not possible? We will be staying near Chinatown so it will nice that restaurant within walking distance.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which restaurant in Sydney for Mud Crab?

We had some fantastic muddies at Fisherman's Wharf Chinese seafood restaurant at the Fish Markets a while ago, but I'm not sure you'd call it 'inexpensive'. From memory it was about $70. Muddies are always sold by weight in restaurants so the price will depend on size. But it's usually the most expensive thing on the menu.

The cheapest Australian Mud Crab I've ever eaten was in a Singapore.

2. Re: Which restaurant in Sydney for Mud Crab?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 07:41