We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney trip plan for short visit

Which Sydney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Latrobe, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Sydney trip plan for short visit

Hi, We arrive in Sydney around 11am 20/2, departing the Monday morning, staying in Parramatta. There are 4 of us (2 adults, 2 teens), all with different ideas on what to do. So far the "to do" list is the Manly Sealife Sanctuary, The Tower, Maritime Museum, Powerhouse Museum & the Observatory, but we would like to pack in as much sightseeing as possible in that short time. Saturday has been planned already, leaving us only 2.5 full days. Other things that we'd like to do are the chinese garden, Hyde Park Barracks, the Justice & Police Museum & Bondi. Obviously we have to see the Opera House & Bridge as well! I'm getting exhausted just thinking about getting round all this, can someone please give some advice on timing of all this? We will be buying multi tickets to get around with.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney trip plan for short visit

Hi,

Well you've certainly got a fair idea of what you'd like to see - which is brilliant.

One suggestion that maybe of use, I'd to divide the activities into their respective 'areas' and go from there. Just as an example;

- Harbour; The Rocks, Opera House, the bridge, and perhaps extend this day to include Bondi, as there's options to go by bus and train.

- Mid city; Hyde Park, Sydney Tower, Shopping

- Darling Harbour; Chinese Gardens, Powerhouse Museum, Maritime Museum, Fish Markets, Chinatown, all of which can be done on one route via the LightRail

- Manly Ferry may need to be a standalone activity with perhaps lunch. Alternately include this to the harbour activities, and make Bondi your standalone activity.

If I were to suggest any change in your attractions to visit, I'd recommend the pylon climb on the bridge, then a walk across, rather than Sydney Tower - which I feel is overpriced and isn't one of the more popularly recommended.

Edited: 03 February 2014, 06:19
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney trip plan for short visit

You might like this for your Bondi trip.

Take the River Cat to the city.

The. a ferry to Watsons Bay, have a look around there, visit Camp Cove, have a swim.

Bus to Bondi Beach.

Bondi to Bronte (or Coogee ) walk. Easy walking, stunning scenery.

Lunch? Watsons Bay Hotel, or the take-away on the wharf. There's a dining area over the water where you can eat the take-away meal, have a coffee & a drink.

Bondi icebergs Club. Being your ID. Same views as the iconic & trendy restaurant, good food at a fraction of the price.

Bronte: lots of good cafes opposite the park & beach

Take a bus back to the city.

3. Re: Sydney trip plan for short visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:18